Edisto Freeze Yer Toe | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Around The Campfire
Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 23 '18

It's official.... I have made my reservations for Feb 15-19, Presidents Day weekend @ Edisto Beach State Park, Edisto Island, SC. 
on the beach loop

Make reservations early as there are not many campsites.

They do take reservations at http://www.reserveamerica.com/

Restroom facilities with hot showers are availableEach site has electrical and water hookupsIf you've never been camping near the beach in winter, this is your big chance! Edisto Island State Park is thejewel in the crown of South Carolina State Parks! There is a lot of respect for nature’s beauty in the campground itself and the sites are well planned with native plants providing screening from site to site in some areas (perfect for busses) and more open areas for larger motor homes (or lots of busses). The beach itself is easily accessed from the road over the marsh and the magic of the interplay between the two worlds of sea and land is even more fascinating when the sun sets further north. Sometimes the wind isn't even cold (it is blowing from Africa)! So, even though the days are shorter, they are no less enjoyable. There is kayaking in the salt marsh and there are trails over the bridge inland from the park. There are a number of historic homes on the island, including Cassina Point which dates from the 1700’s as a plantation and several churcheswhich date from that time period as well. There were rum runners in the twenties and there are plenty of storiesabout their comings and goings on the island even today. Low Country lore abounds and it is easy to imagine the Native Americans moving amongst the palmettos and hear their whispers in the movement of the salt grass or to hearthe far off songs of the people working in the rice fieldsThere is timelessness in the rhythm of the tides and  the wind that is intensified when there are fewer people  about. So now is the time to join us in celebrating the Edisto Freeze Yer Toe camp out on Edisto Island!

For Sat dinner; there will be a potluck @ 3:00, so bring a pot to share. If you are not the cooking kind, please come join us for dinner anyway, we ALWAYS have too much food

Immediately after dinner we will have a brief raffle drawing ceremony at the same location.  The raffle proceeds will go to Pet Helpers http://www.pethelpers.org   Each award/prize is handmade and we do not accept store bought items. If you would like to help design a trophy or have an idea, send me a PM. 

For the 50/50 drawing half the money raised goes to the winner and the other half will go towards the website fund. 

This year (as Always) the first 20 or so people get a Freeze Yer Toe souvenir. See me in Site 1 as you come in, first come, first served

If you are planning on attending or need more info Just pm me

The camp's address is: 8377 State Cabin Rd Edisto Island, S.C. 29438
The weather is unpredictable, but the last few years have been absolutely perfect. 
The theme this year will be Sesame St. (this includes all Muppets) Dress up your campsite, your bus, your kids, your dogs, yourself.... Handmade Trophies to the winners including an award for best kid's costume! 

Come camp with the Full Moon Family 

Warnings: 
There are very smart raccoons at the park. Pack your food wisely
Bring your own drinking water, the local water is very salty.

THE WALL

+5 more commentsSusiebearOct 31 '17SusiebearSite 37 for us!vwcrickNov 3 '17vwcrickSite 52 on the Creek!EthomasNov 23 '17EthomasAnyone staying in the Live Oak camp ground?bearDec 6 '17bearI have site # 65 , Kurt is close by, I forgot what site he has.SnoopyDec 7 '17Snoopy:) Can't wait to see everyone! I expanded the scope and Sesame St does include all of the Muppets!dixiedixieJust checked, only one site left on beach loop. Who wants/needs it?dixieJan 5dixieBelieve it's site #32...shaggydocJan 9shaggydocI'm in 69.dixieJan 11dixieIf anyone needs to cancel, please contact Andy Lyda @ 843/441-9078 or 843/441-9110 .moVWJan 12moVWWe just booked a site that came available and look forward to our first camp-out.

Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 23 '18
first draft of the t-shirt.  I don't have pricing yet.  I'll update this as I do.
Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 25 '18
The design is still being tweaked but I only have until the 31st to take orders. If you want one let me know ASAP!

Short sleeve men’s or ladies XL and smaller. $12
Short sleeve 2X $14

Long sleeve XL and smaller $16
Long sleeve 2X $18

Hoodies XL and smaller $22
Hoodies 2X $24
Hoodies 3X $26

Pick up at event is ideal. I can ship for an added fee based on postage<br /><br />

I don’t order any extras
The Forum post is edited by Snoopy Jan 25 '18
Snoopy
Snoopy Feb 1 '18
Shirt ordering is closed.  I did not order any extras.

Don't forget, we need handmade items for the raffle.  All proceeds go directly to Pet Helpers.  

If you have any questions, let me know