June Bug Classic, Mohnton PA | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Around The Campfire
ewdb92
ewdb92 May 31 '18
Any Moonies heading there this Sunday?
VWEuroVan
VWEuroVan Jun 1 '18

Just saw this on Facebook: 
DUE TO THE RAIN.... THE JUNE BUG CLASSIC HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14 at Maple Grove Raceway.
ewdb92
ewdb92 Jun 1 '18
Yep, just about to update that myself.  Thanks.  Soooo, ,anyone going in OCt :D
VWEuroVan
VWEuroVan Jun 1 '18
It's on my calendar!  Is there a good place to camp close to this event?
ewdb92
ewdb92 Jun 1 '18
We have reservations at French Creek State Park about 20 min from Maple Grove raceway.  We're still camping there tomorrow night, so I'll keep you posted on how it is.  But there are tons of private grounds as well, mostly for RVs
The Forum post is edited by ewdb92 Jun 1 '18
VWEuroVan
VWEuroVan Jun 1 '18
Looks like a nice park with a lot to do.  Have a great time and look forward to your review.
ewdb92
ewdb92 Jun 5 '18
We had a great time indeed.  The park is nice, lots of hiking trails, ranger programs, and such.  The facilities are a little worn, but they managed to keep them clean despite the mud and rain.  The sites are fairly private but they have some more open group camping sites too.  Rangers come around and chat; overall very family friendly - not some much for the partying crowds.  Pretty sure we'll keep it at the top of the list of we go in Oct.  It's also about an hour away from the Strasburg RR and PA RR museum, both are really cool - if trains are your thing.  Lancaster is also in easy reach.  I'm not really sure we missed the show that much :)
ewdb92
ewdb92 Jun 6 '18
Oh and I should mention that this time of year they have a two night minimum stay.  Not sure about Oct.
VWEuroVan
VWEuroVan Jun 7 '18
That's good to hear you had an enjoyable weekend and thanks for the info about FCSP.  Reserve America says the park is open for camping until Oct. 31st.  Are you interested in reserving a group campsite for JBC?
ewdb92
ewdb92 Jun 14 '18
Thanks.  Yes, I think we'd be up for some group camping.  However, none of my group has committed yet.  We've got our sights on Flanders first, so we'll have stay in touch.
ewdb92
ewdb92 Sep 20 '18
VWEurovan, Are you still interested in the reschedule of the June Bug classic?  Anyone  else?  Thinking about putting something together for camping the night before.