Scores! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Around The Campfire
vetterdog
vetterdog Nov 19 '17
Saw some furniture on the road near my house, went back and grabbed the big armoire. Got it home realized it was missing one drawer pull, so went back because there was also a busted up, but matching dresser. Found what I needed plus this nicely seasoned and crusty cast iron skillet! Cant make out any markings, but looks to be a nice pan! Also a scissor jack! (not shown)
gerg
gerg Jan 25 '18
I pick up stuff all the time, one advantage of driving a pickup.  Gotta be ready, work gloves on the passenger seat.

Recently roadside I picked up a commercial weed eater (was leaking gas, $75 later good as new), found a mobile commercial style air compressor in an eviction pile, and a portable air tank in a neighbor's pile.  Found some nice potted plants yesterday on my dad's street.   My engine table and most of my metal shelving I found in an industrial area on the other side of town, as well as a good bit of heavy gage aluminum angle.

Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 26 '18
Nice scores, I'm getting ready to move and have been passing the piles alongside the road.  :(