Nauralbus | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Event Stories
btripp
btripp Dec 18 '17

Hey guys!

We wanted to get some feedback from the community about this event as we plan for the 2018 version.

For those of you who have been: What works? What doesn't?  Do you like the campground?  Would you like a band?  How does it compare to other campouts you attend?

If you've never been, or don't go anymore: Why not?  What would make you interested in the event?

Feel free to post here, or to PM if you'd rather.  We're looking for your honest opinions!

Thanks for your input!  See you all soon!

-Ben

btripp
btripp Jan 4 '18
bump
1977_L63H_P27
1977_L63H_P27 Feb 3 '18
We used to go. It seems (to us anyway) that politics, rumors, cliques even, have torn this camp out down. We found NaturalBus the summer of 2011 and made it our family vacation for the next four years. The last year we came, 2015, only 25 buses came. We've skipped the last two but, due to pressure from the kids, we hope to come this year. 

I'm happy to see someone is still interested in keeping NaturalBus alive. NaturalBus is THE best family camp out that we've ever been to. With so many activities at the park there's really no need for extras like a band. I have talked to some others in my area who are interested in coming back this year. 

l spoke to Dodi (sp?) at Jellystone to inquire why the VW weekend isn't on the  campground calendar and she said she had spoken to the park manager and they hoped to hear from someone from FMBC soon :)

If this gets back up and running, count us in. We can't wait to see y'all there.

btripp
btripp Mar 2 '18

Hey there,

It will be continuing, and the dates we're working with them on are June 8-10. 

I think as the size of the campout has changed over time, that changes a lot of things about the logistics of it all.  We've talked with the campground and I think a smaller group is harder for them to justify, so if you know of others who would like to attend, please tell them to come.  Having better attendance will help them justify giving us the space.  After asking people what they wanted out of the campout, it seems most would like to keep it at its current location, so we're trying to improve it there, but the low attendance is becoming an issue for the campground.  Hopefully this will work out and we'll get the date officially posted here and elsewhere shortly.

Personally, I'm ok with it being small, or large for that matter.  The important part is that everyone enjoys each other and has a good, family friendly campout.  So we will continue it one way or another.

Hope to see you there!

-Ben

1977_L63H_P27
1977_L63H_P27 Apr 30 '18
A little over five weeks away and still no word?! 

:(

btripp
btripp May 17 '18
*****UPDATE*****

Sorry for the delay everyone!  We have an update for you on the Naturalbus 2018 campout!!!

After discussing Naturalbus’ future with the Jellystone campground and trying to figure out how we could improve the setting, we have decided to move the campout to nearby Camp Karma this year.  We feel this decision will be in the best interest of the event.  

Camp Karma is located to the east of Roanoke, VA, near Smith Mountain Lake at 2056 Stone Mountain Road.  It has 15 electric sites, and 33 non-electric sites.  Most of the sites are shaded, and feature a gravel parking area, picnic table, and campfire ring.  They also have a bath house with hot showers, and access to Goose Creek directly from the campground. Their website is http://campkarmavirginia.com/. 

Cost is $29/night electric (20/30 amp), $24/ night standard.  Two buses allowed in a site for $29 + an extra $5, fyi.

ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED, though we’ve been asked to keep it in cups.  Swimming and tubing in Goose Creek is allowed, although the water level can fluctuate.

Schedule and Events:

Friday Night – Kid’s s’mores at our site, R2!!!!

Saturday 4 PM – Beer Exchange at our site, R2!!!! – Bring a six pack of your favorite beer for trade with like-minded connoisseurs.

Saturday 5 PM – Hot dog roast  at our site, R2!!!  - Come enjoy a fee hot dog and some of that beer you brought to share!!

Hope everyone can make it!  Email me with any questions or see us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/naturalbusvw/

-Ben