instrument cluster | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Wanted
JT
JT Mar 3 '18
Just like the title says, my preference is for one with a tach, let me know.

JT

Snoopy
Snoopy Mar 4 '18
Vanagon?
TeamSpatula
TeamSpatula Mar 7 '18
good luck, I had to buy 3 separate units to put together one that actually had all gauges & lights working, good blue foil, and minimal broken housing plastic (still had one tab broken off but that was the best out there).
Your best bet is if you can find a running van that just got wrecked with everything working...good luck,
JT
JT May 22 '18
Didn't realize I had replies.  Yes Snoop, Vanagon, and if you (Team) have some leftover parts you'd be willing to sell I'd be interested. 

JT

TeamSpatula
TeamSpatula May 30 '18
I have lots of bits and pieces, but not enough to make a whole cluster. Out of 4 I bought, not a single one had a complete perfect plastic housing, the one I finally installed only had 1 broken screw hole and that was the best of the lot. I have some gas gauges I know, although I never tested those out. Got working clocks, but with lots of LED leakage...Let me know what all you need,
JT
JT May 30 '18
If you could pm me a pic of what you've got, if you get the time.  
TeamSpatula
TeamSpatula May 31 '18
I will have to see if I can find it, it all got boxed up a few months ago and is in the barn somewhere, everything got shuffled to make room for some other stuff so not sure exactly where it is now. But basically I have 2 of the 86-91 clusters to some degree, both main housings have at least 2 of the 4 main mounting tabs broken off, and at least 2 or 3 of the screw holes where the tach or speedo mount are broken off. I can't imagine going to the trouble to switch all that stuff for one of those. I have one speedometer, about 187k I think, 2 tachs, no idea if they work or not. I think 2 gas gauges, no temp gauges, and a couple of beat, leaky LCD clocks. (best source for clocks is a MKII Jetta/Golf from a junkyard, still pretty easy to find & cheap. Likewise some of the other stuff I'm told will crossover too, like the temp gauge, even tach and some other stuff.) Basically if you have a couple pieces not working on yours I can probably help you out, but if you need the whole thing probably not much I can do with that...
TeamSpatula
TeamSpatula May 31 '18
Forgot to mention, what I have is all completely dis-assembled in pieces, Even with the good cluster I finally bought I still had to swap out a couple pieces...
JT
JT Jun 11 '18
No big hurry, when you can send me some pics and a price, working on a plasma gauge set up.

JT

mdwdrw
mdwdrw Feb 8 '19
I have a complete cluster out of a 90 camper. Last time I checked these bring pretty good money. I have a classified add here with my email. If you are still looking, email me and make me a fair offer. Thanks