Moved to South Carolina | Forum

FRED
FRED Jan 18 '19
Hey moonies, its Pete, aka FRED.  Sorry I wasnt avaolable to do calendars this year.  

My company relocated me to Columbia and Ive had one foot here and one foot in Virginia ever since. Brought 3 VWs to the new place just off I20 in Lexington county. Still pretty busy, just wanted to say hi

Attachments:
  petes bus.jpg (34Kb)
Bumblebee
Bumblebee Jan 21 '19
Hey Pete aka FRED!  I was going to shoot you a message about the calendars but the last months of the year go by in a blur.  Hope you are enjoying your new home. 
FRED
FRED Jan 23 '19
Thanks, only Phil Cain has visited so far. Im on the other side of the lake where StPaddys campout is held.  Id post some pics but Im still struggling with this platform.  Ill be at the Hippie Fest in Columbia this April
rjburke101
rjburke101 Feb 13 '19
Hi Pete. I live in Lexington, SC. I am a newbie with an 1987 Westfalia. I have been looking for repair shops and found https://www.importspecialtie.com/. I will be taking the van there but was wondering if you know of any other VW van mechanics in the area. My name is Ron Burke (Ron Bjork on FB). Hope to meet you sometime at some SC Events.
Attachments:
  Picture of westie .jpg (77Kb)
FRED
FRED Feb 15 '19
Hi Ron, Pete here in Lexington county, near the 44 truckstop. glad to see you here.   Sorry, i m not familiar with that shop.  Most of us have learned to do our own wrenching and rely on social networking.  The Vanagon is a unique machine.  

I work at the Columbia airport on the third shift,  if you have tech questions text me at 757-769-6927

FRED
FRED Feb 15 '19
Theres a guy restoring a couple 23 window buses in a rented garage by the Stihl chainsaw shop  on route 1.  He usually knows what shows are going on and told me about the vw graveyard in Orangeburg.