The 8th Seat | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Technical Questions
GeneralBlasphemy
GeneralBlasphemy Jan 28 '19
Any ideas?

I have a Multivan resting comfortably in my side yard, awaiting the engine I rebuilt that is resting comfortably on the porch to be reunited. 

In the meanwhile, I am wondering how to add another seat. I have the three person bench, the two jump seats, and the two captains chairs, for a current total of seven, but I need eight. It seem like I remember seeing somewhere that peoples have added a jump seat from an Odyssey between the front seats? But now I can't find it anywhere on the internets. 

Any other ideas?

Tom

Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 28 '19
Why not a bench seat?
GeneralBlasphemy
GeneralBlasphemy Jan 28 '19
A bench seat is a good idea.

There's even a three-person bench for the middle on the samba. But it appears to be blue and not gray.

And I did that last time to my old bus and I always hated those tracks on the floor.

But I think you're right and I'm not sure there are any other options.
GeneralBlasphemy
GeneralBlasphemy Jun 28 '21

It is fixed. 

Max and I rebuilt the ex-Wylie/Phil engine with new 2.2 pistons and cylinders, all new bearings, new valves and lifters and then got Chris Stivers at Asheville VeeDub to put it in.

Thank EVERYONE for the advice to let him work on my bus. Everything went well until he could not get the flywheel seal to stop leaking... I think he ended up pulling the transmission three times.

But he didn't give up and of course it turned out to be my fault, too much sealant on the case a clogged the return passage. 

I'm going to pick it up this afternoon and after six or so years of being bussless I am stoked.

The Forum post is edited by GeneralBlasphemy Jun 28 '21
collie
collie Jun 29 '21
Woohoo!!
Snoopy
Snoopy Jun 30 '21
good times!