Looking for someone to restore my bus. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Around The Campfire
gregoryurban
gregoryurban Aug 1 '19
I'm a long time lurker because I've been stuck w/o being able to get my '68 Kombi running reliably. And it's been mildly soul crushing. But, I have a plan. I acquired a 1972 Camper from my uncle with an SO 72/6 (Miami) interior. It was a European delivery bus and all of the interior is present (curtains, child cot, ....). But, it needs a total restoration. The floors and beam are good but the nose and several panels are a bit of a mess. I was going to part it out, but I can't bring myself to doing that.

I have had very little luck finding someone to tackle a project like this that I can trust. I got burned on my '68. I'm not in a rush and I know it will not be cheap. I'm not looking for "better than new", but I want someone who knows what they are doing and is trustworthy. At this point I'm willing to work with someone up to 6 hours from my home in Annapolis. I just really want to get this started. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.  

Bumblebee
Bumblebee Aug 13 '19
I wish I knew of some one in your area.  But I do hope you locate the right shop.  It is very aggravating I know.  Good luck and if I hear of anyone in that area I'll post on here. 
Csenegeto
Csenegeto Feb 18 '20
I have a shop in doylestown pa, CS Motorworks. Most of my work is air cooled vws. I can definitley help you with your bus both with mechanical and rust and body repair. You can find us on facebook. 

if you want, give me a call 2152376410

my name is Chris