Hello again | Forum

GreenBus
GreenBus Feb 20 '20
Dave from Homosassa Florida here, old time member but haven't been on the web site in quite some time. Attached a photo from a campout at Stephen Foster State Park in Florida, early 2000's I think.  Hope some of you will be able to make it to Leap into Spring this month. Feels good to be back on the web site.
Attachments:
  Snoopy's Bus S.Foster.jpg (71Kb)
Bumblebee
Bumblebee Mar 2 '20

Welcome back!  I see Snoopys' bus in the attached picture.  Happy camping!

Snoopy
Snoopy Mar 2 '20
December 2001 to be exact.  Good to see you Dave.  

I was able to dig up my trip report for that event.

North Florida December Full Moon Campout at Stephen Foster Folk Culture State Park

Snoopy's Trip Report

Well I hadn't met many of the FullMoonBusClub Florida Chapter, so I thought I would head on down. A day in the bus is so much better than a day at work, so I blew work off. I loaded the bus and my 2 dogs and we were off at 6:30 am Friday. Took a new route I knew would get me there, forget about bothering with a map. Well after about 100 or so miles I pulled over to the rest area for me and the dogs. After everyone rested I looked up at my gear on the roof rack. My Santa was about to blow off. So after a readjustment we were back on the road. Made a few more stops and finally made it down around 1:30 pm. My dogs were inspected at the gate and after some paper work I was allowed in to find Doug. I found him where the ranger said I would and we made our introductions. We chatted and set up as buses slowly started to show up over the course of the day and night. By morning we had 8 buses. me, Doug, Dave and Vicki, Rene', Paul, Guido, Charles M Schultz (chuck) and Les and Vicki.

The campground was alive with folk art and music. In the middle of the afternoon bagpipes could be heard from a couple campsites away. Then a fiddle joined in. They played together for a while for all to enjoy.

I was so happy I got to meet Charles Schultz that I got him to autograph the Snoopy on my bus.

We had great food (burritos, chili, BBQ) And some great fireside door prizes were donated by all.

I won a knife that was donated by Les and Vicki that made the trip down to Tierra Del Fuego and all around S America with all the Vanagons.

Everyone was Great. If ya get a chance to make it down to one of their campouts, I recommend it. And they know how to make Breakfast Burritos FullMoon Style now. Just ask Paul...LOL

Snoopy
Snoopy Mar 2 '20
group pic
Bumblebee
Bumblebee Mar 12 '20

Snoopy

Wow I didn't know that Charles Schultz signed your Snoopy on your bus.  That is awesome!!!!!!