Propane stove line-- standard size?? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Technical Questions
vetterdog
vetterdog Sep 24 '23

Greetings all! 

I have a 79 Westy with sink stove etc.

I believe I have a small leak in the propane line that runs from the floor under the cabinetry up to the stove, it's the gray flexible one. Does anyone know if this is a standard gas line size (like for a household dryer) or is it a special order item? I can't seem to locate anyone selling them online, so I though maybe it's a regular plumbing item. 

Also I have had no luck in getting that hose off where it goes through the bus floor and am afraid to really bend or break or tear the floor trying to get the line disconnected- any ideas there?

Thanks to all who can enlighten!

Dave

collie
collie Sep 26 '23
Shoot...I never had propane in any of my buses. Sorry!!
vetterdog
vetterdog Sep 26 '23
Thanks anyway Collie, I can probably figure it out but I've been avoiding going out to the bus since we've had a stretch of rain here. 
Snoopy
Snoopy Oct 2 '23
With the regulator?  I want to say it’s the same size as what you’d find at Lowe’s.  For this type of thing, I usually go to the local gas log guy. He’s always had something that works.  
vetterdog
vetterdog Oct 24 '23
Im going to start pulling it apart this week, camped this past weekend and shut off the gas at the tank until i needed it, but could smell a little propane when i opened the cabinet door. Will let y'all know how it goes. Probably have to pull the cabinet again which I'm not excited about!

Thanks for the replies!

Snoopy
Snoopy Nov 22 '23
did ya figure it out?