New Format SUCKS! | Forum

oddyboy
oddyboy Nov 2 '17

I can't find anything easily, I don't even know where to start looking. It was so simplistic before and now it's as though we must search through some maze to find that we didn't want to be at that place at all. WHY? 

Used to be you could see "unread" and now ??? WHY??Used to be easy to send a PM and now??? WHY??   Used to be some one would comment and EVERYONE knew they could see and respond and  now??? WHY O WHY???

This is not an upgrade or an improvement in anyway at all. 

Used to be a guest could come visit the site and now??? WHY???

IT IS AN IRRITATING CHALLENGE TO USE THIS SITE!!!

Edwin Jenkins 865-719-5280 jenkinse41@comcast.net

2922 Mill Road Knoxville TN 37924

The Forum post is edited by collie Nov 3 '17
collie
collie Nov 3 '17
Sorry to hear you are not happy with the new format....you are #2.

dixie
dixie Nov 6 '17
You can make me #3 & another member told me yesterday they felt the same. I hate FB, but now it's easier than on here. Sorry Collie. I know yall worked hard on this but.......
dixie
dixie Nov 6 '17
ALSO, this light blue print is REALLY hard to read. Can this be fixed.
collie
collie Nov 6 '17
I begged people to help me in the decision, and this format was what the "people" wanted. We still have the forums, the events page here is WAY easier to use and making picture albums is easy too.

The "mail" system is to be desired, but that is what FB excels in....

I could of done WAY better but I did this on a ZERO dollar budget.

Snoopy
Snoopy Nov 7 '17
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

and as Collie wrote earlier, this wasn't a choice.  The old website died and is unrecoverable.

Bumblebee
Bumblebee Nov 7 '17
Once people get on it and use it more it will get easier.  It is easier to post pictures for sure.  Everything has it's good and bad I guess.  No one really post on here to much but give it a chance.  The other one is gone. 
Quote from Snoopy Constructive criticism is always welcome.

and as Collie wrote earlier, this wasn't a choice.  The old website died and is unrecoverable.

Tomasz
Tomasz Dec 10 '17

I'm # 5 and heard the same thing this weekend from #6 ;)

oddyboy
oddyboy Dec 11 '17

"The old site died and is unrecoverable" 

I don't know why that happened but I know that Collie has worked hard to bring us this new site. But I don't understand why it's so user unfriendly and not at all intuitive to brose, ponder, explore, comment and use the FMBC site as I used to do on a daily basis.

It was easy then and difficult now.

I miss being able to see at a glance all the new posts since I was last reviewed the site.

I can't figure out how to return to Tech histories on "timing issues", " tire sizes" "dizzy settings" 

If it's "easier to post pictures" why don't I see pictures associated with the textual articles?

Why not, as in the past provide a twelve month calendar for scheduling events?

Are we to understand that under "Events" if nothing is listed between March and 
July that nothing is planned?

It used to be that Fullmoonbusclub.com was my go to site often and almost every day I looked forward to seeing what was going on in my Favorite Family of Choice and now.....

now I gnash my teeth and mutter WHY? WHY? WHY?

collie
collie Dec 11 '17
Can someone tutor Edwin before his valve seats become unseated?

KorryDens
KorryDens Dec 13 '17

Quote from Snoopy Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Yup, and as someone had said, it takes a bit of getting used to. Chill everyone, you'll get used to it in time.
The Forum post is edited by KorryDens Dec 13 '17
FRED
FRED Dec 16 '17
This new website style is, imho, a throwback to ancient bulletin boards that lacked character and style.  there was a ton of shared technical knowledge shared and illustrated.  It will be sorely missed
collie
collie Dec 16 '17
I'm still open for suggestions....

We could start again with the same forum software "TheSamba" uses. Or, there are a bunch of similar opensource "forum" packages...but they don't have the social media feel that  people crave these days.

We have seen a HUGE decline in the traffic on this website since the inception of FB, and for good reason, people follow the masses.

Seriously, folks, throw me some ideas! 

FRED
FRED Dec 16 '17
The problem with facebook with a big volume of visitors all posts get pushed way down the stack and get jumbled.  .  The old fmbc allowed me to reach back and recover posts that were relevant. to a particular topic .  for example,  a photo showing how to get at piston wrist pins on a water boxer,  etc.   Thats one suggestion.  Not being an IT guy I dont have a clue how to incorporate that
Tomasz
Tomasz Dec 16 '17

To start wih pleas change the background to something darker with light text and add some boundires/outlines.

When looking at the layout / site the layout / text is not very obvious

Tomasz

vetterdog
vetterdog Dec 16 '17
The color change is very helpful, and it looks like some adjustments were made to the format-the site feels less alien! (I fear change!) Thank you Collie for all of your time and efforts on this. The luddites among us (self included) who are still resisting the FB and social media thing will take a while to adjust, but adjust we must. One thing I've noticed is that I don't get an email alert when I get a PM. 

As vintage WV folks I think many of us like the feel of an outdated technology because it's what we know well and can easily understand and navigate. 

collie
collie Dec 16 '17
This "Theme" is a little more like the old one....let's try this for a few and see how it goes :)
FRED
FRED Dec 17 '17
yeah !!

Tomasz
Tomasz Dec 17 '17

Much better.

Thank you.

Snoopy
Snoopy Dec 18 '17

I'm unsure why, I do get a notification if I get a PM

Quote from vetterdogThe color change is very helpful, and it looks like some adjustments were made to the format-the site feels less alien! (I fear change!) Thank you Collie for all of your time and efforts on this. The luddites among us (self included) who are still resisting the FB and social media thing will take a while to adjust, but adjust we must. One thing I've noticed is that I don't get an email alert when I get a PM. 

As vintage WV folks I think many of us like the feel of an outdated technology because it's what we know well and can easily understand and navigate. 

Pages: 1 2 »