New Format SUCKS! | Forum

Snoopy
Snoopy Dec 18 '17
now that was weird, I did a quote from Vetterdog and that was how the box was when I responded and the white box is what showed up.
collie
collie Dec 18 '17
I see the whit box...it's just an issue with the text colors...I will see if I can make some adjustments.

Trial and error :)

Snoopy
Snoopy Dec 18 '17
seems like it is Vetterdog.  I saw Pete quote him and the results were the same.
gerg
gerg Dec 18 '17
This is much better.  
oddyboy
oddyboy Dec 19 '17

Thank you Collie, This new background changes the entire presentation and resolves many of my prior complaints and my valves are seated now.

I still miss the old version but will not complain about the new one again.

collie
collie Dec 24 '17
Glad this is working a little better. I’m open to suggestions on how we can make the site more of a place to gather and share.
FRED
FRED Dec 26 '17
How do I get pictures to appear in the post without having to click an extra time?

collie
collie Dec 27 '17

If you "insert an image" there is an option for preview or full size. 

Full size should eliminate the extra click.

These instructions may vary on a phone....

dixie
dixie Jan 4 '18
This is much better Collie. Like the color change & defined edges. We're getting there. Hate FB, so this has gotta work.  THANKS!!!!!!
vetterdog
vetterdog Jan 6 '18
It must be that I'm so witty and fabulous that I'm unquotable!!! That's the only theory I can come up with.

DV

maduncaledave
maduncaledave Jan 13 '18
i have kept quiet about the new site

until now

too bad we lost everything with the old site, but kudos to Collie for stepping up to the plate and doing all the work that he has - THANK YOU!!

i really liked Snoopy's history of the club and our early days - can we bring that back?

i miss the vast storehouse of tech knowledge we had accumulated

it is too bad that the traffic here has dwindled to nothing - fb strikes again.  i have no answer to how we can bring folks back, at least for now

Mad Uncle Dave
collie
collie Jan 14 '18
If Snoopy has the verbiage I can add it somewhere! Maybe it's still on the Wayback archive....hmmmm

FB is a great tool for communication but it has MANY negatives too. I am on the fence with social media as a whole.

Snoopy
Snoopy Jan 17 '18

Slightly edited from the Wayback.
Feel free to correct any grammatical errors.
History of the FMBC
The story of FMBC...: Derek worked at Woosely's Garage (VW only repair shop) in Charleston, SC. When I moved back in 98, I found Derek at the Low Country VW Show not far from where I was staying. He told me about the shop he worked at and told me to bring my bus by to get worked on. I did and made friends with him and the owner, a great man, Doc Woosely who was in his 80's and still working on VW's. He was trained at the factory when he was young. Anyway, Doc let me hang out and watch and learn. Derek (aka Wrongway) and I became good friends and we were talking and he said his friend Screwloose and his friend Royce had been talking about starting a bus club and camping on the full moon and calling it (Screwloose's idea) Full Moon Buses. To make the club about camping and not about show cars,  we also decided to let all races of buses in (water and air) and be FREE!! Instead of letting this idea fade away again, I decided to take action. I stayed late one day after work and learned to make a website on a Geocities site on the work computer. I had no idea what I was doing and the original site was one long page as I didn't know how to make it link to other pages. I misremembered the name Screwloose came up with, and posted Full Moon Bus Club as the name and the name stuck. At this point I had met Royce but not Screwloose. Derek and I made the first Everybus that year and camped together. Screwloose's Dad was there but that is another story. Shortly afterwards we had a Canadian join who moved to Charleston and had a broke bus. (imagine that) His name was Peter Campbell. We later had our first camp-out on some private land of a friend of mine and we called it Round O Round Up but later changed it to Round O Rain Out, as it did. (The town closest was called Round O) Of the first 5 members Royce, Peter, Derek and myself were all there. After that we made our first HCBF together and met Mad Uncle Dave and his lovely wife Sherry, found out they lived in Charleston and we had a new member. MUD (Mad Uncle Dave) helped out immensely with the web page thing and taught me many things and helped build the site with me. He was a great asset in the early days as he also knew how to wrench. I also met Ben, form Charleston at that HCBF and he also joined. From there things just kept going and going and going....... All any of us wanted was to help each other out and make sure our buses kept going so we could camp!!! And for the record. MUD introduced Breakfast burritos oh so long ago... MUD, my waist doesn't thank you LOL Peace brothers and sisters, Snoopy

1977_L63H_P27
1977_L63H_P27 Jan 25 '18
I didn't even know the site had changed until yesterday. After High Country, I'm usually not around until Spring. So far I don't like the layout, but I'm a dinosaur that likes the old style forum type layout. I do, however, want to thank Collie and whoever else helped for keeping the site alive. I hate Facebook so I'd be lost without FMBC :)
Pinetreeporsche
Pinetreeporsche Jul 30 '18
I'm very frustrated too. The old events calendar- several months worth easily accessible- always had a bunch of gatherings. Now I see ONE event in the rest of year '18, plus a heads up for one in '19.  HAS EVERYONE LEFT?  
Chaplaintoo
Chaplaintoo May 25 '19
Quote from dixie You can make me #3 & another member told me yesterday they felt the same. I hate FB, but now it's easier than on here. Sorry Collie. I know yall worked hard on this but.......
Number 5 here. I joined (because I had to. No perusing before joining) just yesterday and find this website colorless and uneventful. And yes, it is difficult to search, navigate and find anything.  C'mon guys...
collie
collie May 26 '19
Well, I am not sure where you were when we all discussed this, but what do you suggest? 
The Forum post is edited by collie May 26 '19
Pages: « 1 2